Monday, April 4, 2011

Misgivings

This is going to be a more personal discussion involving my team and our upcoming event at Supergame XLI (be there, join Red team). As I continue to carry out the logistics of this event, things like booking our hotel and registering the members, I continue to feel this sadness that it is only going to be three of us this time. It feels like something died to me. I look at how we've grown and impacted the event both on and off the field with our presence and I realize that this time it won't be like that. I hear the thought in my head "we're too few" it doesn't mean I'm not going to try, doesn't mean we won't win, doesn't mean I won't have fun, but it does make me look back at games that have passed. And in looking back I realize just how much fun we've had, all the memories we've created together, as a team, as Edge Zero. I hope that we will be able to be like that once again, I pray that we will. Because I miss my team, I miss my friends, and I'll miss having you guys there with us at Supergame. We may not always agree, we have our differences, our strengths and our faults, but in the end you're my friends and my brothers. It feels like I'm going to a family reunion without my whole family there. I'll do my best to represent you well and I know Andrew and Connor will too. Maybe next time we can all be there...together.

No comments:

Post a Comment