Just what the title says, plus some ranting. Ok Maybe a lot of ranting.
Monday, April 5, 2010
My Take On Atheism
Yes, the time has come for me to tell the world what I think of atheism. First off I'd like to lead off with what the definition of atheism is. According to Dictionary.com atheism is defined as "The doctrine or belief that there is no God." Now I'd like to put my own point of view onto this. Those of us that do believe in God, myself included, believe that when we die there is an "afterlife" and that we will be judged on how we lived our lives and sent either to Heaven or to Hell. Now when atheists rail against us I find their logic lacking. Why would you want to believe that there is nothing after this life? It's just so depressing. It is a wonder to me that all the atheists haven't committed suicide yet. If I was an atheist I would constantly be asking myself "well if there is nothing after this life then why is life worth living?" After comparing my beliefs with those of atheists I can safely say that my faith is stronger because of this comparison. There is something more than just this life and I'm going to make sure that both myself and those around me have a chance to live in such a way that when it's all over we can live on in a perfect place. I have something to look forward to, atheists do not. So I say to atheists and those who believe what they believe. I have hope for the future, do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment