Friday, June 26, 2009

What Now?

Well all my recent posts have been paintball related, but not this one. This post is going to be military related. It is no secret to those that know me that I have wanted to be a Marine for a very, very long time. This gets more complicated when I take into consideration my college scholarships that make it possible for me to further my education, but I still want to be a Marine. It isn't about the financial benefits for me, it's all about that title, to be the best there is. So therefore I have been looking at my options, there are three. One: Give up college and enlist as active duty, Two: Complete my education and become an officer, and Three: Enlist as a reservist and continue my education. I'm leaning towards the reserve option because after I finish my term of service I'll have my college education and be able to re-enlist as active duty if I so choose (NOTE: I am not referring to a Reserve to Active transfer, but an actual re-enlistment). Feedback is Appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment